Buckingham Palace is preparing for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to attend King Charles III’s forthcoming coronation.
Palace staff have begun “organizing logistics for the historic occasion” and “have been instructed to include the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in their program for May 6,” sources told the Daily Mail on Thursday.
However, “there has been no word” on whether the couple has formally accepted the invitation.
“Harry and Meghan are being factored into all of the planning … the cars, the seating plans, dining arrangements, everything,” an insider told the outlet.
“No one knows for certain whether this means they have definitely accepted — it could, of course, be just in case they do — but it’s clearly not a ‘no.’”
The source added, “The staff are certainly working on the expectation they are coming. These kind of arrangements have to be made well in advance.”
Last week, a spokesperson for Harry, 38, and the “Suits” alum, 41, confirmed that they had received invitations to Charles’ coronation via email, adding, “An immediate decision on whether the Duke and Duchess will attend will not be disclosed by us at this time.”
Charles, 74, ascended to the throne after his mother, Queen Elizabeth II, died last September. She was 96.